Black Church Print Studio is an artists' collective located in the heart of Temple Bar, Dublin. It supports and promotes the development of contemporary art practice through the medium of printmaking. This is achieved through the provision of excellent studio facilities, a diverse artistic programme, and by the promotion of fine art print as a leading art form both nationally and internationally.
About the Residency
BCPS International Artist-in-Residence programme was established to facilitate contemporary artistic practice in the Studio and to further the professional development of artists. It enables the creation and production of new work, fosters an exchange of ideas and influences and encourages the sharing of expertise.
• Emerging, mid-career and established professional artists are invited to apply.
• Selected participants in this programme will receive accommodation, basic materials, studio equipment and facilities usage and technical and administrative support.
• Artists will have access to etching, lithography, screenprinting and relief presses, and to multi-media and digital equipment.
• Travel and material costs are the responsibility of the participating artist.
• This year's Residency is scheduled for a single four-week term in July 2017.
• The successful resident will be asked to complete two editions of works completed during his/her residency and donate two prints from each to the Studio, one for the Archive Collection and one for fundraising.
• The resident artist will be required to give a demonstration and seminar during his/her residency.
All applications will be placed before a selection panel comprising a sub-committee of the Board and the Studio Technical Manager. The selection panel will give consideration to the proposal, quality of work and CV/experience.
Applicants must be practicing Printmakers. Irish residents are not eligible.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27 February 2017.
All applicants will generally be notified within six weeks of application deadline.
FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
Hazel Burke, General Manager, Black Church Print Studio, 4 Temple Bar, Dublin 2
+353 (0)1 677 3629 |email@example.com | www.print.ie